Welcome to the Coaching Couch

Welcome to the coaching couch.



This couch is different. Everytime we sit on it, we will experience change. It's all about change tips and trips. It's about making changes that last. Changes that reshape our lives. Changes that would make us live the life we want. I have always wanted to sit on this couch long time ago, yet I had a false presumption about this couch "I thought it was hard". Now, I know the truth cause I decided to sit and try it myself.











Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Coaching Couch - My FIRST Blog Post:


I believe that "Behind every action there are -always- some positive intentions".


I think that could be a good starting point for my first blog post ever. In the following few lines I will share with you some of my intentions that pushed me to create "The Coaching Couch" blog.  

The story goes back to the late 90s/ early 2000s. Don't worry; I won't torture you by narrating those 15 years day by day.

At that time, I heard a voice asking me "what do you want? What do you want to do?” I didn't know where it came from! Was it my inner self voice? Or simply someone asked me that question!. What was interesting here is that as soon as this question appeared, the answer jumped out (like "jack in the box" toy), as if it was there ready to jump and it was just waiting for that question. I replied with confidence "I want to help people". I bet you guessed the following question, which was "but how?".

And that was a tough one that took some time and effort to answer. I don't remember how many times I have asked myself that question, yet what I surely know by now is that our brain is programmed to find out the answers no matter how hard is the question as long as you keep on asking with curiosity and persistence.

Shortly I realized that in order to help people, I need to help myself first. I got on the "self-help train", stopped at different stations until I arrived at the "coaching station". I must admit that it was not an easy ride, yet when I look back I appreciate the whole experience for so many reasons which were not very clear earlier.

We all know that everything happens for a reason, and learning is one global reason that fits in every incident in our lives. One great lesson I want to share with you here, quoting Jack Canfield (co-creator of Chicken Soup for the Soul) as he brilliantly expressed it, he said "Everything in the past has actually been perfect. Everything in your past has led you to this transformative moment in time. Everyone - including you- has always done the best they could with what they knew at the time. Now you are about to know more. Celebrate your new awareness! It's about time to set you free." That golden lesson became part of my belief system.

Now let's go back to my intentions:

- I want to help people via "the coaching couch" to live their highest self.
- I want to listen to you when you need that.
- I want to learn from you and your different rich experiences.
- I want to support you in dealing with day-to-day challenges.
- I want to share with you some great stories not only to inspire you but also to use them practically as "tested short-cuts" instead of re-inventing the wheel.
- I want to connect with people from all around the world.
- I want to exchange ideas and thoughts with
- I want to reach out more people for a good purpose.
- I want to make good use of what I have right now.
- I want to continuously grow and help others grow as much as I can.
- I want to participate in planting some "seeds of hope", regardless of what is happening around us.
- I want to be myself.

Before leaving, I just want to stress upon one important thing now. I am NOT "the expert". I am NOT a teacher. I am NOT "better" than anyone. I am a "passionate life coach" who wants to fulfill all the above mentioned intentions. I am a "change agent" who truly believes in people and their unlimited capabilities.

Some people might feel it was a long post, others might feel exactly the opposite, the rest will feel it was in the "OK" area. Just remember that I' m introducing myself and my blog for the very first time, through sharing with you my true intentions.

This is my first post, so I don't have high expectations now. But I have some values and set of beliefs that keep pushing me, and I'm glad they are doing so. I don't know ten years from now how I would see this post when I re-visit it. However, I believe in what I do. I believe in myself. And before that I believe and trust my creator.

Thank you for your time and patience. Hey, kindly let me know if you read it.

Enjoy your life.. Please do.

Nayef Moukhtar
Monday, April 2, 2012
Cairo, Egypt.

No comments:

Post a Comment